Join our Volunteer Team!
Volunteers are integral to the success of our programs and are truly valued members of our team. Whether lending a hand at one of our special events, washing dishes at our weekly community dinners, hosting fundraisers, or serving as Directors on our Board, our volunteers keep us firmly on track and are the foundation of our organization.
When volunteering with us, we will do everything in our power to create a meaningful volunteer experience for you. We pride ourselves on treating our volunteers with respect, valuing your contribution of time and energy, and most of all, appreciating your commitment to our organization.
We are looking for volunteers to help in a variety of roles. Check out our list of volunteer positions below to find the one that is right for you.
Community Outreach Ambassadors play a strategic role in mobilizing members of the community to take action to assist at-risk youth and increase community awareness about Dan’s Legacy’s mission and activities.
Board and Committee Members provide high-level guidance, leadership, and expertise to our organization, which is crucial to the effectiveness of carrying out our mission and vision.
- Food Bank: Assist with sorting food donations, preparing and handing out food hampers, serving prepared meals to go, and clean up.
- Sunday Haven Dinner: Volunteers assist in serving meals for up to 50 youth and maintaining the kitchen area, including washing dishes and general kitchen clean up after meal service.
Fundraisers and Events: Organize and participate in fun events and campaigns while helping to generate much-needed funding for our cause. Perfect for those looking to volunteer as a group or for one day only.
- Host a Fundraiser: Create your own fundraising event with family, friends or work colleagues.
- Chefs’ Charity Dinner: Event volunteers assist in a variety of roles including set-up and tear down, registration and check-out, greeters and ushers, live and silent auction, and raffle sales. The Chefs’ Charity Dinner is our signature event and proceeds help fund our counselling and life-skills programs for youth at risk.
Administrative Supporters assist with operational responsibilities and projects and help support our office operations.
- Grant Research Assistant: Assist with prospect research and content creation for select community grant proposal submissions in close collaboration with our team.
- Website Content Assistant: Support the on-going creation and maintenance of the organization’s web content by helping to ensure it is up-to-date, accurate, and in a web-friendly format.
Have a skill or talent you would like to share? Get in touch today!
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please complete the Volunteer Registration & Declaration Form and submit it to [email protected]. For our younger supporters, please also complete the Youth Volunteer Consent Form and submit it along with your Volunteer Registration form.
If you’re interested in helping out and have questions about one of the roles, please contact Zena Peden, Events & Administrative Coordinator at [email protected]